Skip navigation

Human Resources & Inclusive Community

Retiree Benefits

Retiree Benefits

Appointed faculty and staff who have satisfied the following criteria are eligible to officially receive retiree status from the University of Denver and are eligible for benefits:

  1. Left employment voluntarily
  2. Reached the age of 55 years, AND
  3. Been employed in a benefited position continuously for 20 years

Benefits Overview

An overview of the benefits that DU extends to its retiree population.

Benefits Guides and Rates

Additional Benefits


Medicare Part B Enrollment Application 

Who Can Use This Application

People with Medicare who have Part A but not Part B

When Do You Use This Application

  • If you're in your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP) and live in Puerto Rico. You must sign up for Part B using this form.
  • If you're in your IEP and refused Part B or did not sign up when you applied for Medicare, but now want Part B.
  • If you want to sign up for Part B during the General Enrollment Period (GEP) from January 1 – March 31 each year.
  • If you refused Part B during your IEP because you had group health plan (GHP) coverage through your or your spouse's current employment. You may sign up during your 8-month Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
  • If you have Medicare due to disability and refused Part B during your IEP because you had group health plan coverage through your, your spouse or family member's current employment.
  • You may sign up during your 8-month SEP.

NOTE: Your IEP lasts for 7 months. It begins 3 months before your 65th birthday (or 25th month of disability) and ends 3 months after you reach 65 (or 3 months after the 25th month of disability)

Access the application.

Request For Employment Information - Proof of Group Health Plan Coverage

What Is The Purpose Of This Form

In order to apply for Medicare in a Special Enrollment Period, you must have or had group health plan coverage within the last 8 months through your or your spouse's current employment. People with disabilities must have large group health plan coverage based on your, your spouse's or a family member's current employment.

This form is used for proof of group health care coverage based on current employment. This information is needed to process your Medicare enrollment application.

The employer that provides the group health plan coverage completes the information about your health care coverage and dates of employment.

How Is The Form Completed

  • Complete the first section of the form so that the employer can find and complete the information about your coverage and the employment of the person through which you have that health Coverage.
  • The employer fills in the information in the second section and signs at the bottom.

Access the request for employment information form.

DU REtirees association

The DU Retirees Association provides opportunities for retirees to continue to enjoy time with friends and colleagues while remaining engaged with the University. Under the leadership of the Board of Directors and in partnership with the DU Department of Human Resources & Inclusive Community, complimentary receptions, luncheons, programs, speakers, and activities are offered throughout the academic year.

Contact DU Retirees Association at 303-871-3268