All employees are required to attend orientation, usually on their first day of work.
Note: You will be registered for an orientation session by your department and you will be notified via email for your orientation date.
Arriving at DU: New Hire ORIENTATION
New employees are often scheduled to start work on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month so that they may attend an orientation session on their first day. For benefitted employees, benefits information will also be distributed at orientation.
Important paperwork required by Federal Law will be completed at these sessions.
If your start date is on a non-orientation day:
Please visit the Shared Services on-campus location to complete the required paperwork prior to reporting to your department to start work.
Shared Services, Mary Reed Building, Rm 107A || Monday-Friday 8am-430pm
Orientation / First Day of Work
Times are approximate:
- 8:15 am - 8:30 am Welcome & New Hire Paperwork
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm Orientation topics
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Supervisors join their new employee/s for lunch
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Orientation for Benefitted Employees
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm DU Discovery Time: Employees are encouraged to visit the Pioneer ID Card Office to obtain their ID, Parking Services to find out about parking information, or use the time to discover DU!
If you would like to take a campus tour, please contact the Office of Admissions to sign-up for one of the daily student-led tours lasting 1 1/2 hours (Make sure you wear walking shoes!)
Undergraduate Admission, University Hall 303-871-2036.