Skip navigation
International Student and Scholar Services


Employment including CPT & OPT

F-1 Employment Forms

  • New Curricular Practical Training (CPT): F-1 students use this packet to request initial authorization for a new paid, off-campus internship during their studies. This form should NOT be used to request re-authorization of CPT for a continuing internship. 
  • Reauthorization of Curricular Practical Training (CPT): F-1 Students use this packet to request re-authorization of a continuing paid, off campus internship, which is completed during their studies. 
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT): F-1 students use this packet to request authorization for employment in your their field of study.
  • OPT Extension for STEM Majors: F-1 students who have a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics; AND who are currently on post-completion OPT can use this packet to request a 24-month extension of OPT.

If you are completing either OPT or the OPT Extension paperwork, please refer to the I-765 Guide for information on completing the government I-765 form.