Skip navigation
International Student and Scholar Services

Scholar & Employees

Scholar Forms & Requests

Please review the guidelines for the appropriate visa category prior to submitting a form or request to our office. If you have any questions about these forms or how to complete them, please contact Laura Buhs.




  • J-1 Request Form
  • Health Insurance Attestation Form: J-1 Exchange Visitors use this form to indicate his/her understanding of the J-1 health insurance requirement.
  • Letter regarding potentially sensitive research: This document provides guidance for writing a support letter for a J-1 scholar to help explain the nature of the research and its applications to the consular officer who must determine whether this research would lead to an illegal technology transfer before granting the visa.
  • J-1 Transfer In Form: J-1 Exchange Visitors use this form to verify eligibility to transfer his/her SEVIS record to the University of Denver
  • J-1 Transfer Out Form: J-1 Exchange Visitors use this form to request that his/her SEVIS record be transferred to another school or program.