Skip navigation
International Student and Scholar Services

International Student & Scholar Services

Visa & Immigration

Unless you currently hold another immigration status that permits you to study in the United States, you will need to apply for either an F-1 or J-1 visa before beginning your program at DU. International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will issue the appropriate certificate of eligibility document to you shortly after your application for admission is approved and all the requested documents have been received. You will need to present the certificate of eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019) at a U.S. consulate or embassy when applying for a U.S. visa.

Click on the headings on the left sidebar for more information.

News and information

Know your Rights: What to do if you're stopped by police, immigration agents or the FBI