IT@DU is launching a new VPN client the week of August 16th, 2021. Please reference this page for download and instructions: https://www.du.edu/it/services/software/globalprotectvpn.
About the Citrix VPN for smartphones and tablets
The Citrix VPN can be used on mobile devices (such as smart phones or tablets) running Android or iOS operating systems to access DU campus resources.
PioneerWeb, Canvas or email do NOT require a VPN connection.
Citrix has several different apps available in the App Store and the Play Store, however only the Citrix SSO will allow users to connect to campus resources via a VPN connection.
Installing and using the Citrix VPN (SSO client) on Android and iOS devices
Installing the Citrix SSO client
- Navigate to the Play Store on your Android device or the App Store on your iOS device
- Search "Citrix SSO". Note that there are several Citrix apps available. Be sure that you install the SSO app.
- Open the Citrix SSO app and add a connection.
- In the server field enter https://duvpn.du.edu
- Name your connection - this field can be anything, it is simply a display name.
- Enter your username (your firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Citrix SSO application will prompt for various permissions when installed. The specific permissions requested depends on settings on your device. The following permissions must be granted if requested:
Creation of a VPN connection
- Additional permissions that may be requested include
- Access to make phone calls (not required)
- Access to read and or modify various file systems on your device (not required)
Connecting to the Citrix VPN
- Open the Citrix SSO app.
- Toggle the VPN switch to the ON position
- Your DU email address should already be populated - if not enter your email@example.com email address in the username field.
- Enter your DU email password in the password field and select "log in" from the upper right.