THIS GUIDE IS TO BE USED FOR PC COMPUTERS INSTALLING AND RUNNING CISCO ANY CONNECT VPN
Notice: You must have a valid 87# and PioneerWeb password.
The following steps will take you through the process of downloading and installing Cisco Any Connect VPN on your PC computer. Once complete, you will have the ability to connect to the DU network and any on campus resources that require you to be on the DU network.
1. Connect to the Internet
2. Open a browser window and type the following address in the search:
3. Fill in your credentials as follow:
- GROUP: DU-VPN-Users
- DU ID: your 87#
- PASSWORD: Your PioneerWeb passcode
4. Click Login
5. Click Continue on the next window
6. Click Allow if prompted to attempt to use Java for Installation, then Run the application
7. Click Continue to continue connecting to the https://vpn-external.du.edu:443 website
8. If your installation fails, click on the link Windows to manually install the VPN
9. An Application file will be downloaded to your computer.
Double click on the file when the download is complete.
10. Follow the prompts to Install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
Once your installation is successful and complete open Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from your Programs folder. It will be located in a folder titled Cisco.
Click Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to open the application.
11. The server address should be vpn-external.du.edu
Fill in your credentials with your 87# and PioneerWeb password/passcode to connect to VPN
12. Click Accept on the Banner that pops up.
13. VPN will connect and be located as an icon in the taskbar near the clock
14. To disconnect from VPN, click the icon in the taskbar near the clock and then click Disconnect
If you need Technical Support please contact the IT Help Center at 303-871-4700 or by visiting http://support.du.edu