CENEX 2011 was the inaugural event. A day-long simulation covering simultaneous crises in the South China Sea and the Korean Peninsula, CENEX 2011 achieved several important milestones:
- Six country teams were represented: The United States of America; China; Taiwan; the Republic of Korea; North Korea; and Japan.
- More than 50 students participated, either on the country teams or in a support function.
- The simulation successfully applied important educational topics to a real-world scenario, including:
- international security
- foreign policy
- military capabilities
- military relations
- South Korean Lt. Col. Eun Seok Jang: Republic of Korea
- South Korean Col. Tara O: Republic of Korea
- U.S. Air Force Col. Jeffrey C. Louie: China
- U.S. Air Force Col. Thomas A. Drohan: Japan
- Japanese Major Naotake Abe: Japan
- Dr. Thomas Doyle: North Korea
- Michael Keaveny: U.S.A.
- Kim Kavrell Savit: Taiwan
Find more information on the strategic background for CENEX 2011 (PDF), including: