Office: 165 Sie Cheou Kang Center
Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver , CO 80208
- PhD, University of Massachusetts
- MA, Warwick University
- BA, Harvard University
Research and Expertise
Professional economic ethics, ethical foundations of economics, political economy, international economic integration, and industrial relations.
- Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2010-present), Associate Dean of Graduate Studies (2003-2007), Associate Professor (2000-2010), Assistant Professor (1994-2000)
- Member, World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on "Values in Decision-Making," (2011-2012)
- Assistant Professor, Dickinson College (1992-1993)
- Faculty, International Institute of Public Policy/Sophomore Summer Policy Institute, Spelman College (2006-2007)
- Faculty, Scripps Howard Institute on the Environment, Univeristy of Colorado Center for Environmental Journalism (2002-2005)
- Faculty, International Career Advancement Program, Aspen Institute (1997-Present)
- Visiting Faculty, Woodrow Wilson Summer Institute on Public Policy and International Affairs, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, School of Public Policy (1996-1997)
- Consultant, Denver Mayor's Office of Economic Development and the Pacific Council on International Policy (2003-2004)
- Staff Representative, Council #4, American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), AFL-CIO (1978-1985)
DeMartino, G. (2013). Epistemic aspects of economic practice and the need for professional economic ethics. Review of Social Economy, 71(2), 166-186.
DeMartino, G. (2013). Professional economic ethics: The Posnerian and naïve perspectives. Journal of Forensic Economics, 24(1), 3-18.
DeMartino, G. (2013). Professional economic ethics: Why heterodox economists should care. Economic Thought, 2(1). Retrieved from: http://et.worldeconomicsassociation.org/article/view/67.
DeMartino, G. (2013). Ethical engagement in a world beyond control. Rethinking Marxism, 25(4), 483-500.
DeMartino, G. (2011). The Economist's Oath: On the Need for and Content of Professional Economic Ethics. New York: Oxford University Press.
DeMartino, G. (2010). Economics and justice. In Free, R. (Ed.), 21st Century Economics: A Reference Handbook Volume 2 (pp. 525-532). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- INTS 3701: Topics-Professional Ethics & International Affairs
- INTS 3701: Topics-The Ethical Foundations of Economics
- INTS 4310: International Trade
- INTS 4372: Great Books in Political Economy
- INTS 4374: The Normative Foundations of Global Economic Policy Making
- INTS 4436: Professional Ethics & International Affairs