**LEAVE: Fall 2015-Spring 2017**
Office: 3016 Sie International Relations Complex
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, University of Washington
- MA, University of Hawaii (East-West Center)
- BA, Stanford University
Research and Expertise
Dr. Joshi researches and teaches about international relations, comparative politics and education policy with a primary focus on Asia. His research projects have included comparative study of political and human development in China and India and the role of governance and ideology in the Millennium Development Goals and Sustainable Development Goals. His most recent project is on demography and gender in Asian politics.
- Associate Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2015-Present)
- Assistant Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver (2008-2015)
- Visiting scholar in China (Peking University), Germany (Free University of Berlin), India (American Institute of Indian Studies), South Korea (Seoul National University) and Sweden (Uppsala University)
- Visiting Lecturer at Ewha Women's University (2002-2006); University of Hawai'i (2001-2002)
Joshi, D. & R.K. O'Dell. 2016. "The Critical Role of Mass Media in International Norm Diffusion: The Case of UNDP Human Development Reports." International Studies Perspectives; doi: 10.1093/isp/ekv018.
Smith, W.C. & D. Joshi. 2016. "Public vs. Private Schooling as a Route to Universal Basic Education: A Comparison of China and India." International Journal of Educational Development 46(1): 153-165.
Joshi, D., B. Hughes & T. Sisk. 2015. "Improving Governance for the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals: Scenario Forecasting the Next Fifty Years." World Development 70(1): 286-302.
Joshi, D., J.S. Maloy & T. Peterson. 2015. "Popular vs. Elite Democratic Structures and International Peace." Journal of Peace Research 52(4): 463-477.
Joshi, D. & K. McGrath. 2015. "Political Ideology, Public Policy and Human Development in India: Explaining the Gap between Gujarat and Tamil Nadu." Journal of Contemporary Asia 45(3): 465-489.
Joshi, D. 2015. "The Inclusion of Excluded Majorities in South Asian Parliaments: Women, Youth, and the Working Class." Journal of Asian and African Studies 50(2): 223-238.
Joshi, D. 2015. "How Can India Catch Up to China? The Importance of Social Investment." India Review 14(2): 238-267.
Joshi, D. & M. Och. 2014. "Talking About My Generation and Class? Unpacking the Descriptive Representation of Women in Asian Parliaments." Women's Studies International Forum 47(1): 168-179.
Joshi, D. and B. Yu. 2014. "Political Determinants of Public Health Investment in China and India." Asian Politics and Policy 6(1): 59-82.
- INTS 4396: Education and Development
- INTS 4574: China and India in Comparative Analysis
- INTS 4468: Politics of Development