Academic Co-Director of the Colorado European Union Center of Excellence
**SABBATICAL: Spring 2016**
Office: 101B Ben M. Cherrington Hall
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- DPhil, University of Oxford, England
- MA, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
- BA, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
Research and Expertise
Comparative European and European Union politics and political economy, comparative welfare states, labor markets and pensions systems, Italian politics.
- Professor of Comparative Political Economy, and Co-Director of the PhD program, Josef Korbel school of International Studies, University of Denver.
- Professor of Public Policy, Department of Political and Social Sciences, European University Institute (EUI), Florence, Italy (1999-2006)
- Research Director of the NEWGOV Research Consortium, EUI (2004-2005)
- Research Professor, Robert Schuman Centre, EUI (1997-1999); Senior Research Fellow (1995-1997)
- Jean Monnet Fellow, EUI (1994-1995)
- Senior Lecturer in Politics, Department of Government, University of Manchester (1995-1996); Lecturer in Politics (1989-1996)
- Co-editor (and co-founder) of South European Society and Politics (1995-1999)
- Co-editor of European Political Science (1999-2007)
Beyond Varieties of Capitalism: Conflict, Contradiction and Complementarities in the European Economy, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008 (with Bob Hancke and Mark Thatcher).
Italy: A Contested Polity, London and New York: Routledge, 2008 (with Martin Bull).
New Modes of Governance in Europe: Governing in the Shadow of Hierarchy, London: Palgrave-Macmillan, 2011 (with Adrienne Heritier).
Social Pacts in Europe: Emergence, Evolution and Institutionalization, Oxford University Press, June 2011 (with Sabina Avdagic and Jelle Visser).
Developments in European Politics 2, London: Macmillan-Palgrave, forthcoming, 2011 (with Eric Jones, Paul Heywood and Uli Sedelmeier).
- INTS 4349: Comparative Public Policy and Finance
- INTS 4370: Political Economy of Globalization
- INTS 4500: Social Science Methods
- INTS 4522: Philosophy of Social Science