Director of the International Career Advancement Program
Office: 3106 Sie International Relations Complex
Josef Korbel School of International Studies
University of Denver
2201 South Gaylord Street
Denver, CO 80208
- PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- MA, University of California, Berkeley
- BA, University of Michigan
Research and Expertise
International politics, international organization and comparative politics, with particular attention to the United Nations, international human rights and conflict management and resolution.
- Associate Professor, Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver; Director, International Career Advancement Program; Dean (1987-1996); Associate Dean (1981-1986); Former director, Social Science Foundation; Former director, National Resource Center in International Studies.
- Former faculty member, University of Connecticut, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Visiting faculty member, University of Colorado in Boulder, Institut fur Politikwissenschaft at the University of Tuebingen in Germany.
- Lectured in the United States, Europe, Ghana and Costa Rica.
- Received grants or contracts from the University of California-Berkeley, University of Connecticut, the Ford Foundation, University of Denver, U.S. Agency for International Development, US State Department, University of Missouri School of Journalism, Pew Memorial Trusts, US Information Agency, U.S. Department of Education, U.S. Institute of Peace, Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation, Una Chapman Cox Foundation, Citigroup Foundation, United Negro College Fund Special Programs Corporation, Aspen Institute and Andrew Mellon Foundation
- Former president, International Organization Section of the International Studies Association
- Former president, Western International Studies Association
- Former member, Executive Board of Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA)