Pioneer Travel and Expense system debuts Oct. 21
Dear DU Community:
We are pleased to announce that the new Pioneer Travel and Expense solution arrives next month! On October 21st, the University of Denver will implement this automated tool which integrates travel booking and expense reporting into a single system. DU has partnered with SAP Concur to provide a solution that allows you to book travel, register international travel, create paperless expense reports, request a cash advance and approve reports all within one application.
The days of printing out P-Card packets, taping paper receipts as attachments and sending piles of paper to Shared Services will soon be over! P-Card charges and digital receipts will feed directly into your expense report with the Pioneer Travel and Expense system. No more paper required!
Pioneer Travel & Expense enhanced features include:
· Single sign-on: Log into the system with you DU user name or password.
· Mobile capabilities: Book travel and submit/approve expense reports via your device
· Integrated travel and expense: Book travel and link itineraries to expense reports.
· E-receipts: Attach receipt images to a report instead of mailing paper receipts.
· Copy expense: Copy expenses from one line to another.
· Smart expenses: Itinerary data is captured at the time travel is booked, and credit card charges and electronic receipts can be automatically populated in the expense report.
· Improved interface: Book travel and create expense reports more easily.
The SAP Concur Mobile App allows you to snap pictures of your receipts within the app and easily upload to your expense report without taking up space on your device. In addition, you can book travel, create and approve expense reports all from your mobile device. This is a great tool for the frequent traveler.
Along with this rollout, all benefited staff will receive the Tripit Pro application which helps you stay one-step ahead of your travel needs by organizing your entire itinerary in one place. Use it for personal and work travel to know which gate you are departing from, security wait times, when to leave for the airport, etc. Tripit Pro improves the traveler experience.
We are offering a variety of training classes, drop-in sessions, videos, quick guides and other resources to help you with the transition. To register for a training class or get more information about the transition to Pioneer Travel & Expense, please visit the Shared Services website. This site will be continually updated with relevant information and reminders.
A reminder on employee political activity
As the University prepares to host many events planned in conjunction with the fall elections, the provost and HRIC want to remind you of several relevant University policies. Broadly speaking, because the University is a non-profit tax-exempt organization, it is generally prohibited from participating in political activities. And while the University respects the right of all employees to participate in political activities, there are several things to keep in mind. Learn more about DU's policies.