Skip navigation

Division of Natural Sciences & MathematicsDepartment of Biological Sciences

Ecology & Biodiversity

Undergraduate Majors

Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Ecology & Biodiversity

Summary of Required Courses for BA

  • BIOL coursework: 44 qtr hrs
  • Math: 8 qtr hrs (mathematics/statistics)
  • Chemistry: CHEM 1010 - General Chemistry (with lab) (4 hrs) or NATS course by permission

Summary of Required Courses for BS

  • BIOL coursework: 49 qtr hrs
  • Math: 12 qtr hrs (mathematics/statistics)
  • Chemistry: 12 qtr hrs
  • General Physics:  15 hrs
  • One minor from any other department in the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (Chem/Biochem, Geography, Physics, or Mathematics)
  • A second minor from any department in the University.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION consult the Undergraduate Bulletin for the year that you entered University of Denver.

ADVISING QUESTIONS? send inquiries to [email protected]  Please include your DU ID in your email.