Skip navigation

Office of the Registrar

Unofficial Withdrawal

You will be issued unofficial withdrawal if you stop attending your classes but don't officially withdraw from them.

The Office of Financial Aid also can issue you an unofficial withdrawal if you fail all courses within a term. If you're unofficially withdrawn from classes—academically or financially—any financial aid you receive may be adjusted according to federal, state and institutional regulations.


  • non-attendance: You enroll in but don't attend classes, which may earn you failing grades of (F) and outstanding tuition charges.
  • inactive status: You don't enroll for one or more terms and lose automatic registration eligibility.
  • failure to complete term with all passing grades: You earn failing grades for all courses within a term, which may impact current and future financial aid awards.

Contact the Office of Financial Aid for up-to-date information about financial aid withdrawal processes.

Student's Financial Liability

You're responsible for understanding and abiding by the University's payment and refund policies. By completing registration, you agree to pay the total amount of tuition and other charges set forth, whether you attend these courses. It's your responsibility to drop any courses you do not attend, or do not plan to complete.