- Statement of Purpose
- Resume (for Ph.D. applicants)
- Email addresses of three referrals for your letters of recommendation
- You will need to order one (1) official transcript from each collegiate institution where more than two credits have been completed. These transcripts must be mailed directly to the University of Denver Graduate Admissions office.
- GRE Scores. Our GRE score requirements are a minimum score of 140 verbal AND 154 quantitative. GRE scores are waived for applicants where the GRE testing is not readily available. GRE scores are good for 5 years. If your scores are older than 5 years you will be required to submit new scores.
- TOEFL/IELTS: If English is a second language for you, a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (80 internet) or IELTS score of 6.0 is required. Applicants with scores older than two years will have to retake the TOEFL/IELTS or will be given an English Language Conditional Admission (ECA). Non-native English speakers who hold a post-secondary degree from an institution where English is the only language of instruction and examination or who hold a regionally accredited baccalaureate degree from a U.S. institution are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement. However, they will still be required to take the English Assessment test once they arrive at DU prior to beginning their degree program.
Applicants are offered admission based on many criteria that include the applicant's overall academic background, test scores (where applicable), statement of purpose, recommendation letters, and transcripts. All of these criteria are used in the evaluation of an applicant's potential for success in the graduate program.