Skip navigation

Shared Services Center

HR Forms

Travel and Expenses

Check Request

Appropriate Uses of the Check Request Process

  • Should only be used when a vendor will not take a P-Card.
  • Travel advances and repayments
  • Membership dues (allowable in civic, business, technical and professional organizations)
  • Subscriptions
  • Honorarium payments (after established as vendor with Tax ID number; use honorarium request form)
  • Moving expenses
  • Donations, contributions and sponsorships
  • Vendor invoices totaling less than $5,000
  • Adequate documentation such as original invoices, original receipts, and registration forms must be submitted to along with the document or "I" number.

Payment and Purchasing tool Kit

Step-by-step instructions for completing a Check Request can be found in PioneerWeb at: Employee tab > Administrative Processes > Payment Services.