Some transactions between the University and vendors require proof of insurance coverage in the form of a Certificate of Insurance (COI) submitted with the standard Accord form. Please do not submit declaration pages, summaries, or copies of your polices, as we require being named an additional insured. Additional or different coverage may be requested depending on the nature of the contract.
Certificates of Insurance (COIs)
- COIs can be easily obtained from insurance brokers. They are generally provided free of charge.
- All COIs must refer to the University by its full legal name, University of Denver.
- The University of Denver must be named as an additional insured, with the following language entered verbatim in the Description section: "The University of Denver is named an additional insured as respects their interests."
- The Certificate Holder section should read as follows:
University of Denver
Enterprise Risk Management
2601 East Colorado Ave.
Denver, CO 80208
Minimum Coverage Requirements
The following insurance coverage minimums are required as a condition of conducting business with the University.
- Minimum $1 million per occurrence/$2 million aggregate
- Sub-limits should include a minimum of $250 thousand fire legal liability unless otherwise noted for all.
- Minimum $1 million combined single limit
- Minimum statutory amounts as required by law if your employees are performing services for the University
- Evidence of additional coverage — which may include but is not limited to Liquor Liability, Cyber, Professional, and Errors & Omissions — may be requested as needed.