Invoicing and Payments
Payment Plus is the University of Denver's accounts payable initiative to pay our vendors using automated Visa card payments. Our goal is to improve process efficiency and working capital management, as well as reduce the cost of processing check transactions.
How Payment Plus Works
Following enrollment, each payment will generate an automated remittance email linking to a secure web portal that will provide a unique Visa Commercial Card account number, the charge amount, and other payment processing details. The account number is unique to each payment, so it will not need to be kept on file.
For more information, see the Payment Plus Vendor FAQs.
Benefits of Using Payment Plus
Payment Plus is the University of Denver's preferred vendor payment method, with many benefits to using the Visa Commercial Card instead of checks or other payment methods.
- Accelerated payment and improved cash flow
- Reduced paperwork and a streamlined accounts receivable process
- Real-time notifications for each payment
- Complete remittance detail to support efficient receivable posting
- No changes or modifications to your existing card acceptance procedures
It is the University's intent to pay vendors participating in Payment Plus immediately upon approval of invoices, which generally results in significant payment acceleration. DU's terms for each payment method are as follows:
- Payment Plus — Payable immediately
- ACH — Net 30 (payable in 30 days)
- Checks — Net 45 (payable in 45 days)
- Vendor invoices can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To ensure timely payment, please reference the correct eight-digit purchase order (PO) number on invoices and all related documents. Payment for invoices without PO numbers may be delayed.
- If your invoice is not associated with a PO and is under $5,000, please contact the University department you are working with to have it paid via Purchasing Card.
- Vendors must be registered with DU in order to be paid, unless being paid by Purchasing Card.
- The University does not accept vendor setup requests from suppliers that do not have an existing relationship with a DU department.
To inquire about the status of an invoice, please contact Shared Services at 303-871-7420 or Payment Services at email@example.com. Remember to attach a copy of the invoice and reference the purchase order (PO) number for faster service.