GSSW's MSW program is ranked in the top seven percent of all accredited MSW programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report. You'll begin your specialization after just two quarters of study, earlier than in other, more traditional MSW programs. And you'll receive excellent instruction by our committed and highly accessible faculty members.
MSW Program Locations
- Most students attend our Denver campus MSW program, where they can customize their career preparation by choosing from eight specialized concentrations and three unique certificate programs, complete interdisciplinary graduate degrees or take courses at other units on the University of Denver campus. The Denver MSW program attracts students from across the country and around the world.
- Our Four Corners MSW program (based in Durango, Colorado) serves the Four Corners region that includes southwestern Colorado and parts of Arizona, Utah and New Mexico. The program program features weekend scheduling and enables Four Corners residents to earn the MSW degree in or near their home communities. Course content is designed to meet the unique needs of the region's rural and tribal communities. Admission preference is given to applicants who are Four Corners residents.
- Our Western Colorado MSW program (based in Glenwood Springs) is designed to meet the unique needs of Colorado's rural and mountain communities in Eagle, Garfield, Grand, Gunnison, Pitkin, Mesa, Montrose and Summit Counties.The program features weekend scheduling and enables Western Colorado residents to earn the MSW degree in or near their home communities. Admission preference is given to applicants who are residents of Western Colorado.
- Our Online MSW Program is open to students almost anywhere in the U. S., offering online courses and internships in their home communities.
Since 1933, our MSW program has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation.
CSWE accreditation signifies that our MSW program meets nationally accepted standards in eight areas:
- mission, goals and objectives
- governance, structure and resources
- student professional development
- non-discrimination and human diversity
- program renewal
- program assessment and continuous improvement
All CSWE programs measure and report student learning outcomes. Students are assessed on their mastery of the competencies that comprise the accreditation standards of the Council on Social Work Education. These competencies are dimensions of social work practice that all social workers are expected to master during their professional training. A measurement benchmark is set by the social work programs for each competency. An assessment score at or above that benchmark is considered by the program to represent mastery of that particular competency. Read GSSW's Student Learning Outcomes.
The doctoral program at the Graduate School of Social Work trains master's level human service professionals from across the country and around the world to become social work researchers, educators and policy experts.
Founded in 1968, our PhD program is among the oldest social work doctoral programs in the nation. Here, you'll work alongside distinguished faculty members to conduct research, write publications and gain substantive and methodological knowledge in the field of social work.
Read more about our PhD program.