Skip navigation

GSSWGraduate School of Social Work

Dual and Cooperative Degrees

The University of Denver helps you prepare for a career in today's complex world by offering you the opportunity to pursue multiple educational and professional interests simultaneously. Our interdisciplinary dual and cooperative graduate degree programs allow you to earn your Master of Social Work (MSW) degree at the same time you earn a graduate degree in another field.

Because some courses taken for one degree also earn credit toward the other degree, these programs let you graduate with fewer total credit hours, and at a lower cost, than if you pursued the degrees separately.

Dual and cooperative degree options

At the same time as you earn your MSW, you can also earn:

Applying to a dual or cooperative degree program

If you wish to pursue the dual or cooperative degree option, you must:

  • apply separately to both programs
  • meet the admission requirements of both programs
  • pay a nonrefundable application fee to both programs

You may submit your applications prior to beginning either program, or after you have begun work in either program, but not after you have completed your degree requirements in either program.

Please refer to the specific dual degree requirements for each program, as these vary.


The Master of Social Work (MSW)/ Master of Public Health (MPH) dual degree is a new collaboration between the University of Denver and the Colorado School of Public Health at the Anschutz Medical Campus.


Please email Karen Bensen with questions about the dual degree programs.