Skip navigation

Academic Resources

Undergraduate Academic Advising

Campus Buildings

Policies & Forms

Click on the links below for more information about undergraduate academic policies at the University of Denver. If you have additional questions contact us at 303-871-2455 or

Concurrent Degree

Students interested in completing two bachelor's degrees concurrently (eg. BA and BSBA) should visit an advisor in our office prior to completing this concurrent degree form to understand the necessary requirements. This form must be signed by major advisors and returned to the Registrar's Office on the garden level of University Hall.

Change/Declare a Degree/Major/Minor

To change or declare a major/minor/degree, students will need to complete the Application to Declare or Change Undergraduate Degree/Major/Minor.  If students are updating their major or degree, they will need to receive a signature from a departmental advisor, whereas, no signature is needed to update minors.  Once completed, students need to submit their completed form to the Office of the Registrar in University Hall.   Note: Students must have a declared major by the time they have earned 75 credits.

Departmental and Dual Degree Advising Contact List

To be assigned a major advisor, contact the academic advising contact in the relevant department found on this departmental advising contact list. If you are needing advising for a dual degree, please reach out to the staff or faculty advisor on the dual degree contact list

Add/Drop a Course

Students should visit the Registrar's website for add/drop deadlines. Any courses dropped after week 1 will result in a W on a transcript. In weeks 1-5 students can drop courses via PioneerWeb. Dropping a course after week 6 requires an instructor's signature on an add/drop form. These forms can be found in the Center for Academic and Career Development underneath the bookstore. Students wanting to add or drop classes after week 8 must go through the Academic Exceptions process.

Credit Overload

Students registering for 20 or 21 credit hours in one quarter need to submit a credit overload form. A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for approval. Students should be aware that any credits above 18 result in additional tuition charges. Contact the Bursar's Office for information about tuition and fees.

Course Substitution/Waiver

Students wanting to substitute or waive a course must fill out the course substitution or waiver form with approval from the dean, faculty member, or advisor. Forms should be returned to the Registrar's Office on the garden level of University Hall.

Graduate Level Courses as an Undergraduate

Students in good academic standing can seek permission to take a graduate level course (4000-4999) as an undergraduate. Signatures from the instructor, chairperson, Academic Advising office, and dean's office must be obtained on the request for graduate course as part of the undergraduate degree form before it is returned to the Registrar's Office on the garden level in University Hall.

Academic Exceptions

Students can review the Academic Exceptions Policy and learn more about the process by visiting the Undergraduate Academic Programs website. 

Students may meet with an Academic Advisor in Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence for support submitting an academic exceptions petition or understanding the process by visiting our office in Driscoll South, Suite 30, or contacting us at 303-871-2455 or


Please reference the Withdraw Checklist to insure that you understand the ramifications of withdrawing from the University of Denver for the term.

Students wishing to withdraw from ALL classes should submit an Request to Withdraw from DU through Pioneer Web. Students should use this form even if they are not registered. Students can find the form in the Student tab of PioneerWeb under the Advising & Registration Tools Box in the upper center part of the page:

Withdraw from DU Screen Shot

Late Drop after Published Drop Deadline

Students should go through the Academic Exceptions process to drop classes after the published drop deadline.