Skip navigation

Student Life

Disability Services Program

2 students and 1 staff smiling in office meeting.


Request Accommodations

Request accommodations through DSP by submitting:

  1. Request for Accommodation  Intake as PDF Intake form as Word doc
  2. Documentation Documentation guidelines

We do our best to review requests as quickly as possible after we've received the Request for Accommodation form and supporting documentation.  Please expect 1-2 weeks turnaround time.

Documentation Guidelines

In general, documentation should include the following:

    1. The credentials of the evaluator(s)
    2. Diagnostic statement identifying the disability
    3. As appropriate to the disability, a description of the diagnostic methodology used
    4. Description of the current functional limitations
    5. Description of the expected progression or stability of the disability
    6. Description of current and past accommodations, services, and/or medications
    7. Recommendations for accommodations and/or services

These guidelines are based on the Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD) best practices for documentation.

Temporary Injury/Illness

DSP can provide accommodations for temporary injuries or illnesses, including, but not limited to, broken bones, on-going illness, and concussions. Please submit a Temporary Intake to request accommodations. Students with short-term illnesses, such as cold or flu, are not covered by the ADA, and should work directly with instructors to discuss informal modifications. 

While the DU campus is relatively small (80 acres), transportation and parking in and around campus can be challenging if faced with a temporary injury or illness.  View accessible transportation and parking resources for potential options. 

Law Students

Your first point of contact can either be DSP or the law school Student Affairs office, which serves as a liaison to DSP for law students who have disabilities. Once approved for accommodations through DSP, law students will work with the Student Affairs office and law school registrar to coordinate most accommodations.