Skip navigation
Driscoll Student Center

Student Outreach & Support



The Student Assistance Fund (SAF) provides limited financial assistance to currently enrolled University of Denver students who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses because of temporary hardship related to an unexpected situation. (Request examples: Supplies for self-quarantine, funds for traveling home, concerns about food insecurities.)

How to apply

Submit an application to the SAF

Documentation is required for the Student Assistance Fund Process. State, local policies, and company support options are rapidly evolving in response to COVID-19.  Therefore, when considering fund requests related to rent and utilities, documentation is needed that demonstrates landlords and utility companies are reporting students to collection companies, evicting students, or disconnecting services to move forward with the Student Assistance Fund in order to address student need.

For Rent & Utility Requests: During the COVID-19 crisis students are being directed to their local governments for guidance on support with Rent and Utility resource requests.

Denver Resources: City of Denver’s Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance Program

Resources for those outside of the City of Denver:

Please work with your local governments regarding resource options within your city.

If requested, a case manager can work with you to help identify resources within your home city.