You can earn a BS in psychology by meeting these requirements:
- Satisfy all University BS degree requirements (see bulletin).
- Major in psychology with:
- a) two minors (one in natural or computer science or mathematics), OR
- b) an additional natural or computer science major, or a mathematics major with one minor.
- MATC 1200 (Calculus for Business and Social Sciences) is recommended for students with appropriate background but is not required.
- Complete at least 45-credit hours of psychology courses (courses with a PSYC prefix).
- STAT 1300/INFO 1020 or BIOL 2090 satisfy the "introductory statistics" category, but the hours do not count toward the major.
- Complete at least 25-credit hours of upper-division PSYC courses (2000 level and above).
- For a PSYC course to count toward a requirement and the minimum hours, you must earn a C- or better in the course.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 overall AND within the major.
Foundations (only 1 may be taken)
- PSYC 1001, Foundations of Psychological Science
Introductory Statistics, 1 course
- PSYC 2300, Statistics
Research Methods , 1 course or sequence
- PSYC 3050, Research Methods OR
- PSYC 2751 & 2752, Junior Honors (2-course sequence)
Content Courses, One course each from 3 of the following 4 content areas
- PSYC 2500, Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 2510, Personality (only if taken as PSYC 2510)
- PSYC 2520, Introduction to Clinical Psychology (only if taken as PSYC 2520)
- PSYC 2530, Child Psychopathology (only if taken as PSYC 2530)
Cognition and Neuroscience
- PSYC 2031, Intro to Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSYC 2040, Cognition & Learning (only if taken as PSYC 2040)
- PSYC 2070, Child and Lifespan Development*
- PSYC 2050, Child Development
- PSYC 2055, Development Across Lifespan
* PSYC 2070 combines 2050 and 2055, and students are not usually encouraged to take 2070 if either 2050 or 2055 have been taken previously
- PSYC 2740, Social Psychology
- PSYC 2150, Motivation & Emotion (only if taken as PSYC 2150)
Psychology Senior Assessment, 1 course; 0 credits
- PSYC 3999, Psychology Senior Assessment