Capstone policies and updates
This sheet explains the updated seating rules for JMAC productions. A must-read before you do your scenic designs!
Overview / Policies for 2015 Spring Capstone Productions
Overview / Policies for 2016 Spring Capstone Productions
v1- 11/10/15- Subject to Change
- Two cycles of Capstone Productions, all produced in JMAC Studios
-Number of productions in each cycle determined by length/resource needs
-Each production may run up to 45 minutes in length
-Designs should be planned so that changeovers between shows in a cycle take no more than FIVE minutes.
-Each cycle’s Seniors will choose which (Black, White, or both) venues to use, and seating plans for each venue. Venues and seating plans may vary in each cycle.
-$500 budget per producing Senior.
-The Department will pay the first $200 of any royalties/licensing fees. Fees above $200 will be paid out of the $500 show budget. Productions from public domain do not receive an “extra” funds.
-Producing Seniors are expected to drive the process on enlisting design/artistic teams for their show.
Seniors must confirm their design staff with faculty advisors by January 4.
Students wishing to count Festival as production requirement must hold a position in BOTH cycles.
-Design positions will be available in each cycle (Lighting, Scenic, Costume, Sound)
Crew positions will be available in each cycle (Board Op, SM, Costume, Deck)
-Auditions will take place Week 10 of the Winter quarter.
-No precasting. Anyone wishing to act must go through the audition/callback/rep casting process. All actors must embrace the casting they receive. Declining a role is not an option.
-All actors in a Cycle will act as scene change/deck crew for their cycle.
Senior Class Requirements
- Seniors to enroll in Practicum in Spring Quarter.
- IMPORTANT: during Winter Quarter, there will be weekly meetings (Thursdays, 4:00 – 6pm) that all producing seniors and their design teams are required to attend. DO NOT SCHEDULE CLASSES IN THIS TIME SLOT.
-Full attendance and active participation throughout the entire production process will be crucial to your final grade.
- Each cycle will be rehearsed, built, and performed in three-week slots: 10 days (35 hours) of rehearsal + 1 day of tech + 2 dress rehearsals + 3 performances
- Cycle 1 = Weeks 2,3,4 of Spring Quarter, performs April 13-17
- Cycle 2 = Weeks 6, 7,8 of Spring Quarter, performs May 11-15
-Basic rehearsal format: 7:00 – 10:30pm, Mon – Fri, + 3.5 hrs on Sat.
-No rehearsals, construction, planning on Sundays.
- No other rehearsal times are allowed.
-Build Schedule: 2:30 – 6:00pm, Mon, Wed, Fri, with assigned build times for each show.
-Light Parade for each show Friday before Tech, Tech on Saturday
- Dress rehearsals on Monday-Tuesday/Open Weds, close Sun
-7 performances: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday X2, Sunday X2
-Cycle 1 Strike during Shop hours (no Sunday strike)
-All-Company Dark Day 4/18: No rehearsals or meetings
-All-Company Strike 5/16: Company of BOTH CYCLES clear JMAC, strike to Newman