New Paperwork: 3/10/14
Overview / Policies for 2014
First Draft: 8/26/13- Subject to Change
Spring Capstone Productions
- Three cycles of Capstone Productions, all produced in Byron Theatre.
- Each production may run up to 45 minutes in length
- One single seating configuration for all three cycles
- $500 budget per producing Senior
- The Department will pay the first $75 of any royalties/licensing fees. Fees above $75 will be paid out of the $500 show budget. Productions from public domain do not receive an "extra" $75.
- Producing Seniors are expected to drive the process on enlisting design/artistic teams for their show.
- Seniors must confirm their design staff with faculty advisors by January 4.
- Students wishing to count Festival as production requirement must hold a position in at least two cycles
- Crew positions will be available in each cycle (Board Op, SM, Costume, Deck)
- -Auditions will take place Week 10 of the Winter quarter.
- No precasting. Anyone wishing to act must go through the audition/callback/rep casting process. All actors must embrace the casting they receive. Declining a role is not an option.
- -All actors in a Cycle will act a scene change/deck crew for their cycle.
Senior Class Requirements
- Seniors to enroll in Practicum in Spring Quarter.
- IMPORTANT: during Winter Quarter, there will be weekly meetings (Thursdays, 4:00 – 6pm) that all producing seniors and their design teams are required to attend. DO NOT SCHEDULE CLASSES IN THIS TIME SLOT. Full attendance and active participation throughout the entire production process will be crucial to your final grade.
- Each cycle will be rehearsed, built, and performed in three-week slots: 10 days (35 hours) of rehearsal + 2 days of tech + 2 dress rehearsals + 3 performances
- Sequential/stock schedule, following 2013 template.
- Cycle I = Weeks 1, 2, 3 of Spring Quarter, performs April 10 – 12
- Cycle 2 = Weeks 4, 5, 6 of Spring Quarter, performs May 1 – 3
- Cycle 3 = Weeks 7, 8, 9 of Spring Quarter, performs May 22 – 24
- Basic rehearsal format: 7:00 – 10:30pm, Mon – Fri, + 3.5 hrs on Sat. Nothing on Sundays.
- No other rehearsal times are allowed.
- Build Schedule: 2:00 – 6:00pm, Mon, Wed, Fri, with assigned build times for each show.
- Light Parade for each show Friday before Tech, Tech Saturday,
- Changeover Rehearsal on Monday.
- Monday is first "all-call" for cycle casts.
- Dress rehearsals on Tue, Wed / Open Thu, close Sat