Get Involved with Student Groups
There are many ways to get involved in the campaign to end gender violence on our campus. For example you can attend events in the Sexual Assault Awareness Week that will be held in April, you can attend the Take Back the Night program that is held annually to help eradicate sexual violence in our society, and you can talk with your friends and family when you hear comments that are inappropriate or disrespectful towards women. It is the hope of the Gender Violence Education and Support Services Office to provide training and education to groups across campus.
Sexual Assault Survivor Advocate Network
This is a group of staff, students, and faculty who have been trained extensively in the area of sexual assault response and are on call 24/7 during the Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters.
- Student organization that works towards raising awareness of gender-based violence and sexual assault through campus-wide events.
- We work to make resources readily available for the DU community.
- Our events include Purple Day, Have a Heart Dance, Take Back the Night (a part of sexual assault awareness week), and ArtRAGEous Art Show.
- Meetings on Mondays at 6:30pm in Driscoll Underground
- For information on how to get involved, email Amber Morse at email@example.com
Men As Allies
A group of DU men dedicated to modeling and promoting respectful relationships for the DU community. We try hard to understand how our own attitudes and actions might inadvertently perpetrate sexism and violence, and work toward changing them.
For more information, contact: MenAsAllies.Denver@gmail.com
Graduate Women's Council
This group consists of graduate students who are interested in furthering opportunities and issues for graduate women at DU.
.Jobs & Internships with CAPE
Contact the HCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-871-2205 for more information on working with CAPE.