For most club sports teams, travel is an integral part of their club experience. You must contact and get approval from the student programs manager before planning any club sports-related team or individual travel.
Travel must be approved before your team leaves campus. If your team is interested in international travel, please contact the student programs manager at least six months before your desired departure date.
Travel request forms
Travel requests must be submitted at least ten days before an event. Travel requests must be submitted anytime a team/organization leaves campus. Teams must also attend the travel meeting on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the week of their travel.
Any additional paperwork or travel-related requests must also be submitted a minimum of ten days before an event. After you’ve submitted your travel request, you will receive a roster detailing which club members are approved to travel.
Travel authorization: roster information
- Only the individuals marked “pass” on your team roster may participate and travel with your club team.
- Only individuals marked as “driver” in the special roster note section may drive for the club team.
- The individuals marked “fail” on your roster may not participate in any activity related to your club, including travel.
- Missing or incomplete information will be listed under “special roster note.”
General travel safety guidelines
- Each driver on club sport trips must possess a valid state driver's license for his/her vehicle's class.
- Never drink and drive. Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited and illegal.
- Respond to dangerous driving conditions as appropriate.
- Do not risk your passengers'—as well as your own—safety to save time. Do not respond to rude or obnoxious drivers by violating traffic laws.
- Be aware that traffic laws vary by state. Before your trip, research the state laws where you will be traveling.
- Drivers assume full responsibility for the club sports travel vehicle and all equipment within or on the vehicle.
Drivers must report damages or accidents to rental vehicles to the student programs manager and the rental service. Statements should not be made to anyone outside of law enforcement or the student programs manager.