Skip navigation
International Student and Scholar Services

International Student & Scholar Services


All forms and document requests must be submitted electronically due to the temporary closure of the International House.


More Details

Submit all document requests via email to

  • Scan the document request and supporting documents as one file, if possible. 
    • Use scanner located in public places on campus
    • Use scanning app on your phone
    • Print to PDF from your computer
    • Avoid sending photos
  • If you Include the Mailing Authorization Form with your request, ISSS will mail your I-20 or DS-2019 to you. All other documents will be sent via email.

General Forms

  • Document Request Form: F-1 and J-1 students use this form for the following: 
    • Certification for Social Security Number for on-campus employment
    • New I-20 for return from temporary absence, change of status, reinstatement or to add dependents.
    • Economic Hardship Employment Application
  • I-20 or DS-2019 for Travel: F-1 and J-1 students use this form to request a travel signature on their I-20 or DS-2019
  • Replacement I-20 or DS-2019: F-1 and J-1 student use this form to request an updated I-20 or DS-2019 or to request a replacement I-20 for documents that were lost, stolen, or damaged. 
  • Mailing Authorization Form: F-1 and J-1 students use this form to arrange special delivery of a document or pick-up by another person.


This section lists forms for F-1 and J-1 students such as less than full-time enrollment, extending program length, non-summer vacation term, or transferring institutions.


This section has forms related to student employment such as requesting CPT or OPT along with information for on-campus employers hiring DU international students.


This webpage contains forms for J-1 scholars and other J-1 exchange visitor categories along with information related to employment-based visa categories such as H-1B and Canadian TN.

Miscellaneous Forms

  • Family Invitation Letter: F-1 and J-1 students can use this form in order to write an invitation letter to family and friends who wish to visit the U.S. and need to apply for a U.S. Visa. The second page includes a template for an invitation letter.