Skip navigation
International Student and Scholar Services

Scholar & Employees

H-1B Status

H-1B Temporary Workers

H-1B status is used at the University of Denver to temporarily employ non-immigrants in faculty, staff, and post-doctoral positions. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) limits the H-1B visa to use in "specialty occupations" that require the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge.

Please refer to the H-1B Temporary Workers Handbook for more information.