If you'd like to minor in psychology, you must complete these requirements.
- Take a minimum of 20-credit hours of psychology courses (courses with a PSYC prefix).
- If you entered DU before fall 2010 and used SOCS 1710 (Mind and Behavior) or PSYC 1001 (Foundations in Psychology) to satisfy part of the SOCS requirement, those hours satisfy the "foundations" category but do not count toward the required 20-credit hours of PSYC courses.
- Complete a maximum of 60-credit hours with a PSYC prefix. (PSYC hours over 60 do not count toward any requirements.)
- Because SOCS 1710 does not have a PSYC prefix, it does not count toward the 60-credit hour maximum.
- Earn a GPA of at least 2.0 overall AND within the major.
- For a PSYC course to count toward a requirement and the minimum hours, you must earn a C- or better in the course.
Foundations (only may be taken)
- SOCS 1710 Mind and Behavior
- PSYC 1001 Foundations in Psychology
Content Courses: One course each fron 2 of the following 4 content areas
- PSYC 2500, Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 2510, Personality
- PSYC 2520, Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 2530, Child Psychopathology
Cognition and Neuroscience
- PSYC 2031, Intro to Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSYC 2040, Cognition & Learning
- PSYC 2050, Child Development
- PSYC 2055, Development Across Lifespan
- PSYC 2740, Social Psychology
- PSYC 2150, Motivation & Emotion
See specific minor requirements for biological sciences majors earning a concentration in cognition neuroscience.