If you'd like to minor in psychology, you must complete these requirements.
- Take a minimum of 20-credit hours of psychology courses (courses with a PSYC prefix).
- Complete a maximum of 60-credit hours with a PSYC prefix. (PSYC hours over 60 do not count toward any requirements.)
- Earn a GPA of at least 2.0 overall AND within the major.
- For a PSYC course to count toward a requirement and the minimum hours, you must earn a C- or better in the course.
Foundations (only may be taken)
- PSYC 1001 Foundations of Psychological Science
Content Courses: One course each from 2 of the following 4 content areas
- PSYC 2500, Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 2510, Personality
- PSYC 2520, Introduction to Clinical Psychology
- PSYC 2530, Child Psychopathology
Cognition and Neuroscience
- PSYC 2031, Intro to Cognitive Neuroscience
- PSYC 2040, Cognition & Learning
- PSYC 2050, Child Development
- PSYC 2055, Development Across Lifespan
- PSYC 2740, Social Psychology
- PSYC 2150, Motivation & Emotion
See specific minor requirements for biological sciences majors earning a concentration in cognition neuroscience.