If you'd like to minor in psychology, you must complete these requirements.
- Take a minimum of 20-credit hours of psychology courses (courses with a PSYC prefix).
- Complete a maximum of 60-credit hours with a PSYC prefix. (PSYC hours over 60 do not count toward any requirements.)
- Earn a GPA of at least 2.0 overall AND within the major.
- For a PSYC course to count toward a requirement and the minimum hours, you must earn a C- or better in the course.
Foundations (only may be taken)
- PSYC 1001 Foundations of Psychological Science
Content Courses: One course each from 2 of the following 4 content areas
PSYC 2500, Abnormal Psychology
Cognition and Neuroscience
PSYC 2031, Intro to Cognitive Neuroscience
PSYC 2070, Child and Lifespan Development
PSYC 2740, Social Psychology
In rare cases, courses taken at other universities may meet these content course requirements without counting as an equivalent course. Please see an advisor about such exceptions.
See specific minor requirements for biological sciences majors earning a concentration in cognition neuroscience.