Undergraduate Financial Aid
Explore your options.
We understand that your education is a significant investment and that applying for financial aid can be intimidating, but we’re here to help! Our dedicated staff will provide you with the resources you need to complete the application process, understand your financial aid offer and manage unmet cost. Whether you’re a first-time applicant or a soon-to-be DU graduate, we’ll assist you every step of the way.
Price & Affordability
Learn about the fees and costs associated with a DU education, including estimates for books, transportation and living expenses, and how we make a DU education affordable.
Types of Aid Available
Explore the different types of aid available to help you finance your education.
Find information on the financial aid application process, including tips and what to do if your family's financial circumstances have changed.
Information for Undocumented Students
While financial aid for undocumented students is limited, there are scholarships available from DU, the State of Colorado and private organizations.
Manage your Aid
Once you've applied for financial aid, we'll help you stay informed on your application status, understand your aid offer and effectively manage your unmet costs.
To maintain eligibility and keep your financial aid from year to year, you'll need to meet certain requirements.
Find the forms you need to make adjustments to your aid.
DU School Codes
DU is committed to providing veteran students with the resources they need throughout the college experience. We'll help you understand your funding options and how VA benefits work with other programs. We can also assist you in securing additional sources of aid, including federal financial aid, scholarships and awards from our academic departments.GI Bill
Financial Aid 101
An email series for prospective undergraduate students and parents
Here in Financial Aid, we know that financing your education can be intimidating and confusing. That's why we developed "Financial Aid 101"—an email series designed to help you fully understand the financial aid process at DU. Find past emails and future topics in our series below.
This series is sent automatically beginning in October to prospective undergraduate students (and their parents) who applied for admission to DU, and who indicated on their admission application that they're interested in receiving need-based financial aid.
- Week 1: Overview of the Process and Application Tips
- Week 2: Checking the Status of Your Application and When to Expect Your Financial Aid Offer
- Week 3: Types of Aid Available
- Week 4: Understanding Your Cost of Attendance
- Week 5: How Your Financial Aid Offer is Determined
- Week 6: Comparing Aid Offers and Determining Out-of-Pocket Cost
- Week 7: Options to Manage Out-of-Pocket Cost
- Week 8: Finding Additional Scholarships
- Week 9: Student Employment Opportunities
- Week 10: Overview of Federal Student Loans
- Week 11: Overview of the Federal Parent PLUS Loan
- Week 12: Overview of Private Education Loans
- Week 13: Smart Borrowing and Planning for Four Years
- Week 14: Policies and Keeping Your Aid from Year-to-Year
- Week 15: Next Steps and What to Expect Going Forward
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80210
M, T, W, F: 8am-4:00pm
FAFSA Code: 001371
CSS Profile Code: 4842