Tree-shaded 125-acre campus in a quiet residential neighborhood just minutes from downtown Denver and the Rocky Mountains
Enrollment (Fall 2012)
First-year Student Demographics (Fall 2012)
|Students of color:||20%|
Accepted Student Profile (Middle 50%, Fall 2012)
Average Undergraduate Class Size
- Undergraduate student/faculty ratio is 8:1
- 640 full-time faculty members, 90% with the highest degree in their field
- All first-year students work closely with a faculty mentor
- Partners in Scholarship (PinS) provides opportunities for students to participate in collaborative research with faculty partners.
More than 100 undergraduate programs, including traditional majors and compelling dual-degree programs that span a variety of disciplines
More than 100, including 17 academic honor societies, 9 fraternities and 7 sororities
Athletics & Recreation
- NCAA Division I - 17 varsity sports
- Men's Sports: Basketball, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Tennis
- Women's Sports: Basketball, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Volleyball
- 32 club sports from kayaking to Ultimate Frisbee
- 20 intramural sports including broomball and flag football
Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)
|Room and Board:||$11,080|
Scholarships & Financial Aid
- DU awards undergraduates more than $113 million in financial assistance each year.
- 84% of DU students receive some form of financial assistance.
- 72% of these funds are scholarships or grants.
- Merit awards range from $3,000 to $19,000.
- Talent scholarships in athletics, music, art and theatre are also available.
- For more information view our pages on merit-based awards and need-based awards or watch our video on the financial aid process.
Residence Hall Options
- First- and second-year undergraduates are required to live on campus.
- Living & Learning Communities, Pioneer Leadership Program, and Honors Program housing available.
- All halls offer high-speed and wireless Internet connections, cable and phone service and laundry facilities. Each room comes with a combination fridge/freezer/microwave unit.
AP, IB and College Credit
- We will typically accept credit for AP exam scores of 4 or 5 and IB scores of 5, 6 or 7 on Higher Level exams. Additionally, we will work with you individually to evaluate credit received from another institution to bring in equivalent coursework in which you have received a C or better. For more information, view our credit chart.
- For access to all consumer information statistics, please visit this website.