Wireless Links ...
Campus Wireless Service
WAYS TO CONNECT
PioneerNet: The University has upgraded to a newer, more reliable and robust wireless solution (WPA/WPA2). PioneerNet uses this new solution and will soon be the only wireless network on campus for students, staff, and faculty. Guests will not use this network.
- While on-campus in a wireless coverage zone, click here to configure your computer for PioneerNet.
- Make sure to turn on your wireless and then launch a browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer,Safari, ETC.
- At the DUnet screen select "Wireless Configuration" and follow the prompts.
- This configuration will ask you for your DU ID and passcode.
- This configuration needs to be performed only once on your computer.
- If you prefer to configure your computer manually, please click here to access step-by-step instructions.
DU Guest Wireless: After your DU host has filled out the guest request form, and you have received your DU Guest ID and Password:
- Make sure your wireless card is turned on and then select the DU Guest Wireless network.
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Etc.)
- The DUnet screen will be displayed. Please click the "Guest Login" button and then use the provided DU Guest ID and Password to gain access as a guest user.
This network ONLY allows the following services: http, https, ssh, rdp, and rtmpt.
This method is intended for sponsored guests of the University of Denver (not current Staff, Student or Faculty community).
WiFi for Gaming: Due to the rise in wireless-enabled gaming consoles, UTS has created a seperate connection for these devices. This will only work for game consoles.
- There is a network called "DU Game Consoles ONLY" that is not visible on a scan for available networks.
- On your game console, manually add the wireless network (also called ssid, or access point) named "DU Game Consoles ONLY"
- No logon is required, you should be able to access online content now.
PRIVATE AND SECURED
UTS provides the infrastructure that enables wireless connection on a large percentage of the campus. PioneerNet is PRIVATE and SECURED -- Getting on the network requires logging into the system using a DU ID and passcode. Your wireless network card needs to support WPA/WPA2 Enterprise (also called 802.1x) and one of the 802.11b/g/a/n standards.
CONVENIENCE VS CONNECTION SPEED
The DU Wireless Networks are designed to supplement the extensive wired campus network infrastructure. Because wireless connections are not designed for large file transfers or streaming video, please plug into a network jack whenever possible for the best performance. REMEMBER: A wired connection is nearly always faster than a wireless connection.