Development Software & Tools
UTS trains and supports the following software for use by faculty and staff developers:
- Adobe Contribute
Departments are advised to purchase software from the DU Bookstore, which carries these titles in stock for both PC and Macintosh.
- Textpad extends the range of a basic text editor. This inexpensive tool includes the ability to open, search-replace, save, and close a multitude of files with single commands.
- HTML Kit a free Windows programs for editing, validating, previewing your pages. Requires knowledge of HTML to use. Has a useful "Tidy" feature for organizing code and finding coding errors.
- Note Tab Light 4.95 a free Notepad replacement and HTML editor
- PlainHTML 3.7 a free HTML editor both for beginners and professionals bundled with a useful collection of mini tools and extensions.
Free FTP Clients
Page and Site Design Information
- Visibone Webmasters Color Laboratory
- Color Information from Lynda Weinman
- Web Style Manual (Patrick J. Lynch, Yale Center for Advanced Instructional Media)
- The Alert Box: Current Issues in User Interface Design (Jakob Nielson) an editorial column covering a variety of design and usability issues.
- HTML 4.0 Reference(WWW Organization)
- W3Schools examples, tutorials, code you can modify and watch the effect
- Special Characters created with the &....; tag. Examples: , <:, >,
Graphics, Sound and Other Media Information
- Graphics Formats for the World Wide Web (WWW Organization)