The 2017 application is now available and is due May 15, 2017!
The individual Pioneer Prep Leadership Institutes for Black and Latino/a students are designed for college-focused high school sophomores and juniors to have a dynamic learning opportunity on the University of Denver campus.
During Pioneer Prep, participants will be introduced to various topics focused on college access, navigating the college search and application process, career planning, leadership development and cultural awareness through a series of speakers and activities. Attendees will gain valuable insight on what it is like to live and attend classes on a private college campus. In addition, students will have the opportunity to make new friends locally and nationally who are like-minded students passionate about pursuing their educational goals.
Latino/a Pioneer Prep Institute
Black & African American Pioneer Prep Institute
- Application Fee Waiver in the amount of $65 if you choose to apply for admission to DU.
- If admitted, and depending on financial need, Pioneer Prep participants will be considered for a DU Pathways Scholarship worth up to $7500 a year renewable for four years.
- Dynamic on-campus experience promoting college access, leadership and cultural identity - we encourage you to view a sample Black Pioneer Prep agenda and/or a Latino/a Pioneer Prep agenda to explore further.
- Quarterly activities on campus to connect with DU staff and other Pioneer Prep students.
- For students applying from outside of Colorado, DU will provide five travel stipends to cover round-trip air fare and shuttle service to and from the DIA airport. Students who are not selected for a travel stipend, but are admitted into Pioneer Prep, are still welcome to attend at their own travel expense. To be considered for a travel stipend, please complete the travel stipend section of the application.
General Application Questions:
TeRay Esquibel, Admission Counselor - TeRay.Esquibel@du.edu - 303-871-2794
Latino/a Community Pioneer Prep:
Claudia Hernandez-Ponce, Associate Director of Diversity Enrollment & College Access Initiatives - Claudia.Hernandez@du.edu - 303-871-3389
Black & African American Community Pioneer Prep:
Wahhab Carter, Associate Director for Diversity Enrollment - Wahhab.Carter@du.edu - 303-871-3963