The Chester M Arboretum's living collections database, BG-BASE, is online and can be searched by entering one or more words of a scientific or common plant name (omit authorities, cultivar indicators, or intraspecific epithets(s)):
[INSERT BG-BASE SEARCH FIELD HERE]
- Entries can be either upper or lower case.
- Use * or ] as a wildcard character.
- For example, to search for all values starting with Magnolia, enter Magnolia* or Magnolia]
- Multiple search criteria should be separated by a comma.
- For example, to look up both Sequoiadendron giganteum (Lindl.) Buchholz and Rhododendron prunifolium (Small) Millais enter Sequoiadendron giganteum, Rhododendron prunifolium.
Living accessions can be located on the grounds by referencing a grid number. For instance, a Rocky Mountain Juniper (Juniperus scopulorum) specimen is located in grid number B8A016. This location can be matched to an area on the grounds using this AutoCad grid map.