Peacebuilding and Trauma Recovery:
Integrated Strategies in Post-War Reconstruction
University of Denver
February 22-24, 2007
Call for Papers
Potential speakers, panel members and attendees are asked to submit papers relevant to the topics of peacebuilding and trauma recovery. A compendium of papers accepted for the conference will be published as Proceedings following the conference and distributed to all participants and authors.
Potential topics for papers may include:
* The important interface between peacebuilding and trauma recovery during post-war reconstruction.
* Research and practical applications of trauma recovery processes within the larger peacebuilding process.
* Transitional justice
* Post-conflict healing
* The nature of collective vs. individual trauma; collective recovery
* Intergenerational transmission of trauma
* The importance of cultural variables and/or cultural competence in post conflict recovery
* Justice and healing
* Rehabilitation of soldiers (child and adult)
* Alternative justice formats post conflict and their recommendations
* The role of spirituality in trauma healing
* Integrating peacebuilding and trauma recovery
* Implementation challenges and strategies; sustainable organizational structures
* Guidelines for informed field practice
* Other relevant topics
Each paper proposal shall contain the following information:
1. Title of Paper
2. Author’s name(s): Please include each author’s first name followed by last name, credentials; address; day and evening phone numbers; e-mail addresses. Indicate if more than one author will present the paper together.
3. Primary contact person: One author should be designated as the primary contact person to simplify communication processes. Clearly state who will be the primary contact. Give the mailing address, home and work phone numbers and e-mail address for this person.
4. Abstract of Paper/Presentation proposal
5. Proposed Length of Presentation (may need to be adjusted depending on submissions)
Submit your proposal via e-mail attachment to email@example.com
Submission Deadline: December 15, 2006
Notification of acceptance will come shortly thereafter but no later than January 15, 2007.
For questions on papers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or BHart@emu.edu
For logistics questions, please contact email@example.com