Timely and accurate information regarding an emergency can be the difference between life and death.
The Office of Emergency Preparedness and Fire Safety maintains an Emergency Notification System capable of pushing out emergency messages to everyone affiliated with the University of Denver in a very short period of time.
Points of Contact
- Email: Every member of the DU community will receive an email when the system is utilized.
- Telephone: Members of the DU community have the option to register a telephone number with the system to receive a telephone call with an automated message when the system is used.
- Text message: Members of the DU community also have the option to register a mobile device capable of receiving text messages with the system to receive a text message when the system is used. This is generally regarded as the best way to reach you in an emergency.
When the system will be used
- An impending emergency situation
- An actual emergency situation
- Updates regarding a current emergency situation
- School closures due to weather or other circumstances
To sign up for the Emergency Notification System, follow the links located to the right and left of the current page.