If you suspect criminal activity on campus or see conduct that raises immediate safety concerns, you should contact Campus Safety at 303-871-3000 or call 911. This is not an emergency service.
The University of Denver is committed to full compliance with state and federal laws. To meet this compliance commitment, the University needs to know when there are potential compliance problems. You are encouraged to let the University know when you suspect there has been or may be a compliance issue. You are also encouraged to contact the University if you merely have a question as to whether conduct is compliant. Absent your input, it is difficult for the University to meet its full compliance goal.
It is easy for you to report potential problems or raise questions, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are several ways to report, and you can report anonymously, if you prefer. These reporting methods are designed to make you feel comfortable raising issues or posing questions. The University has contracted with a confidential third-party provider, Lighthouse Services, for the intake of hotline reports. This service is provided to assist any member of the University community with reporting concerns or issues about questionable practices anonymously. These may include fraud, unlawful, unethical, or other types of behavior.
Every employee and member of the community can play a vital part in helping the University maintain its integrity. Most incidences are discovered as a result of tips provided by individuals who are closest to the activity in question. Your reports are taken seriously. They are logged, reviewed, and resolved appropriately, working with the University's Office of General Counsel, Enterprise Risk Management, and the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Here are the ways you can report a potential problem or raise questions:
- You can submit a report through Lighthouse Services at www.lighthouse-services.com/du.
- You can call the hotline provided by Lighthouse Services at the following numbers:
- English speaking USA and Canada: 866-780-0002
- Spanish speaking USA and Canada: 800-216-1288
- Spanish speaking Mexico: 01-800-681-5340
- French speaking Canada: 855-725-0002
- You can fax a report through Lighthouse Services at 215-689-3885 (please identify the University of Denver in your report).
- You can email a report to Lighthouse Services at email@example.com (please identify the University of Denver in your report).
- You can download our internally prepared form for reporting suspicious or improper activity, print, and complete it. If you wish, you can remain anonymous by:
- Mailing your form to: Attn: Internal Audit, Room 309, Mary Reed Building; or
- Slipping the form beneath the door of Room 309 of the Mary Reed Building; or
- Completing and submitting the online form without identifying yourself.
- You may also choose to report in person. Any member of the Internal Audit team will be happy to receive your report.
Examples of What You Might Report
It is hard to predict what questions you might have or problems you might see. But, here are some examples of common issues at colleges and universities:
- You might see improper practices regarding monies, reimbursements, University accounts, or other financial issues.
- You might believe that a program at the University is not managed in compliance with law.
- You might see conduct that makes you think there is likely a compliance issue, but you cannot figure out what it might be.
- You might see safety issues or conduct that appears outside of proper guidelines.
- You might see conduct that appears to violate University policies.
- You might see a problem that appears to violate state or federal laws.