Welcome to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs website, dedicated to fostering a fertile and creative research environment for the University of Denver, its faculty, staff, students, and programs.
New Inception to Date Expenditure Reports available through Webcentral
A new report is now available through Webcentral which will allow faculty and staff to view newly designed Expenditure Reports with drill down capability. Please visit the Grants Accounting page for more information and instructions.
Research Compliance office rolls out new electronic protocol management system
The University of Denver Administration, in conjunction with the University's Faculty and Research Compliance Committees, is pleased to announce that we will be replacing our current electronic protocol management system, eProtocol, with the industry leading IRBNet suite of tools. To read more about this change please visit the Research Compliance page.
Please contact Emily Caldes at 303-871-4052, or the IRB Administrator at IRBAdmin@du.edu, for assistance with any questions you may have as we move forward with this important initiative.
In order to provide the highest level of service and meet regulatory/institutional requirements the proposal submission policy is updated as follows:
Effective March 11, 2014
- We request that PI's contact ORSP as soon as they indentify a potential submission, but no later than 10 business days prior to the submission deadline. Notifications received within 10 days of submission will require approval by the Associate Provost for Research to be accepted by ORSP and submitted.ORSP requires the following information:
- Solicitation Number (and weblink, if applicable) or copy of Solicitation
- Proposal Due Date
- Estimated total budget
- IDC Waiver requested (if applicable)
- The completed Proposal Review and Approval (PRA) form along with the administrative and budgetary components must be submitted to ORSP at least 5 business days prior to the submission deadline. The PRA form must be signed by the PI(s) and by the Chair/Dean (or their appropriate designee). The signature of the Associate Provost for Research is required for waivers of indirect costs or university provided equipment matching funds.
- The final proposal submission package (including the scientific narrative, final budget and signed PRA form) must be received by ORSP by 8:00am, 3 business days prior to the submission deadline. Submission of proposals received after this time can not be guaranteed. A completed PRA form (including all approvals) is required for any submission. Proposals without a completed PRA form will not be submitted by ORSP.
In cases where the PI knows that these deadlines will be hard to meet due to extenuating circumstances we request ORSP and the Associate Provost for Research be notified at least 5 business days prior to the submission. Examples of such extenuating circumstances are:
- Consortium proposals
- Significant subcontracts in proposal requiring subcontractor information
- Solicitation published within 14 days of submission deadline
If you have any questions, please contact your ORSP Project Administrator. Link to policy - ORSP/Proposal Review.