Why study computer science at the University of Denver?
The department of computer science offers cutting-edge and innovative graduate degree programs. The degree programs are:
• MS in computer science
• MS in computer science systems engineering
• PhD in computer science
The department of computer science is based in the University of Denver's School of Engineering and Computer Science. The school reflects two of the university's strongest traditions: academic integrity and a commitment to meeting student needs with dynamic new programs.
We are strong in research and particularly noted in software engineering, information security and privacy, and humane gaming.
Some of our other outstanding advantages include:
• Small classes taught by faculty, not teaching assistants
• Research-active faculty members who publish regularly, land impressive grants and win teaching awards
• An up-to-date curriculum that includes classes in modern software engineering,
Web technology based on Linux and Microsoft servers and applications, Java, multimedia, mobile computing, networks, databases, cyber security and computer game development
• Students who create a peer culture defined by high expectations
• A small yet vital PhD program that enhances the department's intellectual atmosphere
At the University of Denver, you will find opportunities to research, study leading-edge technology and tools, and gain integrated knowledge. We emphasize interdisciplinary programs, so you will be ready to meet career challenges around the office or, if you choose, around the world.
In addition, Denver is a first-rate location for internships and jobs, as well as business and government partnerships. The campus is just minutes from the Denver Technological Center — home to many top tech companies — and we enjoy sweeping views of the Rocky Mountains.