The University of Denver is committed to the safeguarding and accurate maintenance of student records. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 provides students with a number of rights regarding their educational records.
You may see your privacy rights here: Notification to Students of Educational Records and Student Information Rights and Policies.
Occasionally students will need to release part or all of their student record to third parties such as parents, attorneys, or employers. The University of Denver will not release student records without the written consent of the student.
Current students who wish to release student records should complete a Release of Confidential Student Record information Release.
Former students and alumni who want to release student records should complete Release of Confidential Student Record Information Form (PDF).
The following links provide additional information:
- Notification to Students of Educational Records and Student Information Rights and Policies (PDF)
- Requests to Review or Amend Education Records (PDF)
- Student Letter of Recommendation Release (PDF)
- Privacy of Health and Counseling Center Records
- FERPA Guide for University of Denver Employees (PDF)
- FERPA Guide for University of Denver Families (PDF)
- FERPA FAQs
- Agent/Contractor Agreement for Access to Confidential Student Information (PDF)
- University of Denver Student ID Photograph Usage Guidelines (PDF)
- University of Denver SMS Policy (PDF)