Freshmen Outreach has activities during the year to guide freshmen students from our partner high schools through a successful first year. Our goal is to emphasize the opportunities for involvement in the program and also the importance of thinking about college or career training.
- Classroom presentations to freshmen, highlighting:
- Importance of maintaining good academic standing - explanation of students' transcripts and determining their Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Importance of being involved in extra curricular and community service activities.
- Why they should take Advance Placement (AP) and honors classes.
- Why students should go to college.
- How to pay for college.
- The "excuses" for not attending college.
- Choosing a major/minor and classes.
- A typical college day.
- Importance of time management.
- Opportunities for study abroad.
- Campus visits (by some but not all partner schools)
- Presentation by a DU professor
- DU student panel
- Admissions presentation
- Campus tour
- Lunch in the residence halls