CollegePass smart cards are available at the Pioneer ID Card Office. With this card, you can ride on all RTD regular services and SkyRide for free. The card is not valid for special services (BroncosRide, RockiesRide, etc). See below for student eligibility.
- Undergraduate students who are enrolled full-time
- Graduate students enrolled in a participating program
- Continuous enrollment students in Natural Sciences & Mathematics, Engineering & Computer Science, and DU/Iliff Joint PhD
- Undergraduate students who are enrolled part-time
- Graduate students in these programs (Daniels College of Business Executive MBA and Executive Real Estate programs, GSSW Distance students in Durango, SECS Lockheed Martin students, University College, Women's College, Graduate Tax Program, Intermodal Transportation Institute)
- Continuous enrollment students in programs other than the ones listed above
- Students enrolled in non-traditional programs
- Students fulfilling internship requirements only
Call the Pioneer ID Card Office if you have questions about your eligibility at 303-871-4545.
CollegePass Not Working?
If your CollegePass is not working, please try the following things:
- If you're swiping the card or just holding it near the reader, the system may not read the card correctly. Try tapping the card against the reader and holding it there for about two seconds.
- If you have the card in a pouch with any other cards that have RFID chips, that will throw off the system. Try using the card by itself.
- If neither of those techniques solve the problem, please call (303-871-4545) or email the ID Card Office and ask them to verify that you are eligible and that your card is active in their system.
- If your card is active and it is still not working, please call RTD's smart card help line at 303-299-CARD to report the issue to RTD. There may be a larger issue that they're already aware of, or there may be a problem with just your card.