Resources at DU
The Center for Advocacy, Prevention and Empowerment (CAPE) (formerly known as GVESS), provides programs and resources to help promote healthy relationships, teach non-violence and equality and foster a respectful and safe environment for all members of the DU community. CAPE also supports survivor healing by providing advocacy and support for victims of sexual violence, stalking, sexual harassment and relationship violence. All services are confidential and free of charge.
The Center for Multicultural Excellence promotes excellence at DU through diversity and positive intergroup relations. They also sponsor diversity workshops and other educational programs.
DU's Colorado Women's College offers undergraduate degrees in a weekend format aimed at working women. Degrees offered include a B.A. in Applied Computing, Communication or Law and Society as well as a Bachelor of Business Administration.
The Gender and Women's Studies program offers a cross-disciplinary undergraduate major and minor with courses taught throughout the University by a diverse group of faculty. Courses reflect the vitality of recent feminist, ethnic and queer scholarship.
The Office of Campus Safety offers self-defense classes for women and the SafeRide program.
The Ombuds Office provides confidential and informal assistance to faculty, staff and students having a problem with or within the university of Denver.
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) includes representatives from all departments of the University. They sponsor events such as the Spring Egg Hunt and Staff BBQ, offer staff recognition awards and maintain a Staff Benevolent Fund for those in need.
Other Local Resources
- Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce
- Denver's Road Home
- Denver Women's Commission
- Mi Casa
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
- Resources for Victims of Domestic Violence
- State of Colorado Division of Child Care
- The Gathering Place
- The Women's Foundation of Colorado
- Wise Women Give - The Denver Foundation
- WomensLaw.org: Denver Metro Area Resources
- Women's Resource Agency
- Women's Resource Center
- A Celebration of Women Writers
- Artemis Guide to Women's Studies in the U. S.
- Feminism and Women's Studies
- Feminist Campus
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- HERS Institute (Higher Education Resource Services)
- Jewish Feminist Resources
- MS. Magazine Online
- National Organization for Women
- National Women's History Project
- The Global Fund for Women
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000
- Women's Global Empowerment Fund