WAND welcomes the participation of all University of Denver staff women!
WAND was formed at the merging of the Staff Women's Action Network (SWAN) and the Connecting Staff Women (CSW) group. SWAN and CSW were similar in purpose, so they blended to create a cohesive and stronger campus network for staff women.
WAND meetings are:
- a regular forum for staff women to build cross campus relationships, support each other, identify issues important to staff women, and develop and implement action plans to address these issues;
- open to all DU staff women interested in advocating on behalf of issues important to staff women; and
- held on the third Wednesday of the month (location TBD).
WAND is a resource for advocacy, education, development and leadership.
- We distribute information regarding issues important to staff women, including workplace equity, caretaking, flextime, professional development and harassment.
- We focus on issues, projects and professional development to DU staff women. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- effective mentoring (being a mentor and/or a mentee);
- how to receive fair compensation and recognition for our work;
- increasing effective communication at DU; and
- creating avenues for professional development and leadership training for DU staff women.
- selects the recipient of the Robin Morgan award, which is presented at the annual DU Women's Conference. Established in 2001, the Robin Morgan Award honors a DU appointed staff woman who goes above and beyond her University responsibilities to promote and enhance the University community.
- provides scholarships to a staff woman (women) to attend professional development seminars, meetings and conferences.
For more information, download our bylaws.