Are legally-binding contracts between the University and its suppliers. They specify the terms and conditions by which the University conducts business.
To generate a Purchase Order, you enter a Requisition in Banner
- PO's are used to make all purchases over $900
- PO numbers must be given to the vendor when the order is placed
- Field PO's may be used for all purchases up to $900
Special PO Types
- Field PO's are completed by hand, and entered in Banner after the purchase
- Standing PO's are used when multiple purchases will be made from the same vendor. A specified FOAP is charged for each order
- Blanket PO's are used for the same reason, but differ because the FOAP to be charged is not specified on the PO. It must be specified with each payment
- Regular and standing PO's generate encumbrances - Blanket PO's do not.