1. In the Direct Access Box (or field), type FPAREQN, then press "Enter". You will be taken to a simple screen that has only a requisition number field-- “Requisition:”
2. Either do a <NEXT BLOCK> movement (<CONTROL PAGE-DOWN>) to create a system-generated number or you may enter the number of an existing requisition that you have in process, and then <NEXT BLOCK>. Help exists for Banner navigation.
3. TAB (<NEXT FIELD>) twice to Delivery Date field. Enter a desired delivery date. Press TAB. (Help exists for date formats ).
4. Enter delivery comments, if any. Example: “Ship via FEDEX Overnight.” Press TAB.
5. The next section, which begins "Requestor," will be populated from the database. You may have to enter the appropriate Organization code. You can also tab to and edit email address and phone numbers as necessary.
6. TAB or <NEXT BLOCK> to the “Ship to:” field. Your Location Code and shipping information will be populated from the database. If your Location Code is incorrect, replace it with your correct code. Enter the name and phone number of the person receiving the goods in the “Attention to:” field. Press <NEXT BLOCK> to move to the next form.
7. All shipments are delivered to Central Receiving and received electronically. They are then brought to you using your location code and "Attention to:" information. If you wish to have the items delivered directly to your department, bypassing Central Receiving, enter your Location Code and DIR in the "Ship to:' field. Example: 19DIR.
8. At this point, you can enter information for the vendor or buyer, if needed. Press “Document Text” on the Options menu. Press <NEXT BLOCK> to move to the first text line, or mouse click in the line. Type the desired text. The text will not wrap. Use the mouse or down arrow to move to the next line. If you don’t want your text to appear on the PO ( if it is instructions for the buyer, for example) uncheck the “Print” boxes with your mouse. Press the Exit Button (extreme right on the toolbar) when finished.
9. If you know the vendor's ID, enter it in the first vendor field. If you don’t know the vendor ID, search for the vendor in the database. If you find the right vendor, double click on the vendor name. The remaining information will be supplied by the database. (If you get a warning message about ID numbers, ignore it and press "OK").
10. If the vendor does not exist in the database, exit the search screen and
Detailed information is available on the Vendor Selection page.
11. Enter your sales rep's name and phone number in the "Contact:" field. Press <NEXT FIELD> (TAB) and enter his or her email address, if known. Press <NEXT BLOCK>.
12. You are now ready to enter the items you wish to purchase. Press <NEXT FIELD> (TAB) to enter the Description field and type in a description, including item number(s), dates of service, time period(s), and identification of goods and services. Press <NEXT FIELD>.
13. Enter a U/M (Unit of measure) (List is available). Press <NEXT FIELD>
14. Enter the Quantity desired and press <NEXT FIELD>. Enter the Unit Price (will accept up to 3 decimal places). Note that you cannot just enter an Extended Price; it will calculate for you. If you don’t know the exact unit price, enter the maximum you are willing to pay. Press <NEXT FIELD>.
15. At this point, you can enter more information about this item, if needed. Press “Item Text” on the Options menu. This works just like the “Document Text” option. See instruction #8 for more information.
16. To enter an additional item, navigate to a blank screen using the <NEXTRECORD> function (DOWN ARROW) and repeat steps 12 through 14. Up to 25 items may be requested on a single form!
17. When you are finished entering items, <NEXT BLOCK> to the accounting section.
18. Your cursor should reside in the "C" (for Chart of Accounts) field, which will default, as will the "YR" (year). Navigate to and enter your Index, or enter Fund, Organization, and Program. Enter Acct, Activity, and Location as appropriate. A list of commonly-used accounts exists. To learn about using multiple FOAP’s, click here.
19. To see a more complete view of Banner accounting, press “Review Accounting Information" on the Options menu.
20. Press <NEXT BLOCK> to continue. Press the "Complete" button if finished, or the "In Process" button to finish this requisition later.