- Vendors can be recommended by both requisitioners and Purchasing Services.
- Before an order can be placed, or a check issued, Purchasing Services must establish the vendor in Banner.
To Establish A Vendor:
- Reimbursements of expenses to students, faculty and staff are generally exempt from the W-9 requirement.
- Refunds of deposits and payments for cancelled events are also exempt from the W-9 requirement. On the Establish/Update A Payee form, in the "Comments" section, describe the reason for the refund and include the "J' number and date of the deposit that included the original payment.
- Expense reimbursements for “1099” vendors are exempt from 1099 income reporting only when documentation complies with DU’s policies. Specifically, original invoices and receipts must be provided. Submit expense reimbursements on separate Direct Pays. Do not combine them with other payments.
- Detailed information about W-9's and IRS 1099 income reporting requirements